RUINED RELATIONSHIPS: Couples are being ‘driven apart’ by each other’s annoying habits in lockdown
New research has found that being in lockdown together has driven some couples apart.
Three quarters of us admit our partner is driving us up the wall, with a top fifty most annoying habits being compiled. Georgina is a family solicitor from Slater and Gordon, who commissioned the survey, and she says it is the small things that are getting on our nerves.
The top 10 most annoying habits according to the survey are:
1. Snores – 18.10%
2. Leaving things on the sides / not putting things away (e.g. tea bags) – 13.27%
3. Being bossy / nagging / constantly criticising – 12.22%
4. Leaving lights on – 11.97%
5. Leaving dishes in sink – 11.27%
6. Leaving the kitchen dirty – 11.17%
7. Farts / unapologetically – 10.97%
8. Won’t listen to someone else’s opinion – 10.97%
9. Leaving dirty clothes on the floor – 10.37%
10. Never cleaning the shower / toilet / sink – 10.27%
Lockdown has been a ‘make or break’ period for many couples, as strict restrictions and the confinement to our homes has inevitably caused more fights with our other halves. It’s millennial and generation Z couples who are finding it most difficult with 32% of under 44 year-olds are considering breaking up due to a spouse's irritating behaviour, compared to only 10% of those aged over 45.
Watch the channel on TV