MOTHER’S DAY: Merseyside councils unite
Communities across Merseyside will be able to come together online to mark Mother’s Day on Sunday with a special series of readings.
Led by the Merseyside Bereavement Team, each local authority will have readings on its social media feeds on Sunday 14 March, that will give people who have lost their mothers, or mothers who have lost children, to come together in a moment of reflection.
The online readings are an alternative to visiting cemeteries and gardens of remembrance on Sunday which are still subject to social distancing guidelines.
Virtual readings will take place at the following times from these locations:
- 10.30am - GreenAcres Cemetery and Ceremonial Park, Rainford
- 11.30am – St Helens Cemetery and Crematorium
- 12.30pm – Anfield Cemetery and Crematorium
- 1.30pm – Landican Cemetery and Crematorium, Wirral
- 2.30pm – Southport Cemetery and Crematorium
- 3.50pm – Merseyside Mother’s Day Finale
Liverpool’s reading will be by Rev Juliet Stephenson, director of the Good Funeral Company, after which a new memorial plaque dedicated to lost mothers will be blessed.
The Merseyside finale film will feature excerpts from all the local authority readings.
Watch the channel on TV