STATUES OF LIVERPOOL: Brand new comic magazine features work of Merseyside children & comic phenomenons
Image: Liverpool Heartbeat
Liverpool Heartbeat have created a brand new comic magazine featuring the work of young people from schools across Merseyside alongside pages created by Marvel Comics, The Beano and the world of children’s publishing.
This comic magazine is a perfect souvenir of Liverpool. The series of illustrations takes us on a trip around the city's most famous landmarks!
Liverpool Heartbeat Charity thought it would be a splendid idea to get friends from the world of comic books to tell the fascinating tales of many of the famous statues in the form of a comic strip.
The charity organisation Liverpool Heartbeat has been encouraging young people to pursue healthy and exciting lifestyles over the last 20 years with sporting events and professional comic books and magazines.
Liverpool Heartbeat have created a brand new Facebook page where they will be posting comic strips, poetry and other fun activities daily. They will also encourage more budding artists to offer new ideas for the next issue of the magazine.
The latest issue - ’Statues of Liverpool' features the glorious work of the following cartoonists and illustrators:
- Nigel Parkinson - direct from The Beano where he chronicles the weekly adventures of Dennis the Menace.
- Russ Leach – Doctor Who’s finest illustrator drawing in the magnificent Marvel Comics manner.
- Lew Stringer – From The Beano and The Dandy and Marvel Comics.
- Holly Bushnell – Merseyside’s great children’s book illustrator!
- George Sears – 40+ years in the business supplying illustrations and strips to The Saturday Evening Post Magazine and CBHI in the US.
- Dicky Howett – Celebrating 60 years in cartooning with a page specially created for our statues magazine.
- Tim Quinn – Our editor supreme. From Marvel Comics to Liverpool Heartbeat in a single bound!
You can order the magazine: Here!
Watch the channel on TV