WAVERTREE CANNABIS FARM: Suspect charged after 175 plants found
Image from Merseyside Police
Detectives have charged a man with drug offences following the discovery of a cannabis farm in Wavertree on Tuesday 4 April.
At around 9.20am, a warrant was carried out at a house in Taunton Street. Around 175 plants were seized from across four rooms, as well as equipment.
A man was detained inside and the location was made safe.
19-year-old Kurti Endri of Aberdeen Street, Birkenhead has now been charged with production of cannabis.
Merseyside Police have issued the following guidance if you suspect that cannabis is being grown where you are.
“You can watch a video in which Matt Brown, head of our Cannabis Dismantling Team (CDT), explains some of the signs: https://youtu.be/rc59i2dsZHM
Some of these signs are:
• Strange smells and sounds
• Frequent and varied visitors to a property, often at unusual times
• Gardening equipment being taken into a property, such as plant pots, fertiliser, fans and industrial lighting
• Windows are sealed and covered or the curtains are permanently closed
• Heat from an adjoining property
• Birds gathering on a roof in cold weather
• Individually these activities may seem commonplace, however, together may indicate something more suspicious
If you have any information about suspected drug production in your area, please contact @MerPolCC, 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. Always call 999 if a crime is in progress.”
Watch the channel on TV